PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
6th July, 2020.
SPECTACULAR ACTS DAY 7.
Topic : ANALYSIS OF SOLOMON’S PRAYER POINTS
Text: 1King 2:5-12.
5: In Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee.
7: And now, O Lord my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in.
9: Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?
11: And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment;
12: Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee.
The first point I want to bring to light here is the fact that God was pleased with the prayer point of Solomon. Many times people don’t get answers because they are not praying right. Solomon’s prayer was accepted because of
1, His sacrifices.
2, The content of his request.
He wasn’t praying for fame, he wasn’t praying for power or preeminence over surrounding cities and villages, he needed wisdom to go through life.
God was impressed by his request, let me quickly analyse his request;
* An understanding heart that I may know between good and evil, he was saying invariably that it is difficult for me to differentiate good from bad, with mere eyes I can’t identify good or evil because the heart of man is desperately wicked, but if you give me an understanding heart, I will be able to recognize a deceptive person no matter how he or she looks.
I will be able to identify business that will not be profitable even if it looks attractive at the beginning. Let me stop here, I will continue next Monday. We need to pray.
* Solomon didn’t present himself like he has what it takes to lead the people, he humbled himself for God to help him, tell God I can’t go on in life without you.
* Without you there will be several mistakes, guide my heart to discern aright.
* Give me Lord an understandsing heart.
* Help me to be able to take right decisions always.
* Help me not to fall into deception.
* I receive your guidance in all my endeavors from today.
* Help me to always apply my heart until wisdom.
* I receive wisdom to live fulfilled.
* I receive wisdom to prosper in all my endeavors in the name of Jesus.
* I receive wisdom to build my home
* Wisdom that produces excellence I receive right now in Jesus name.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Leviticus 14, 1 John 2.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
JOIN 20 DAYS OF SPECTACULAR ACTS.
30th June – 19th July, 2020.
daily live ministration on Facebook.
11.30pm-12.10 Nigeria time.
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on