PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
31st May 2020
Topic: THE FATHER’S LOVE….Part 3
Text: 1 John 3:1 KJV
1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him.
God’s love is what can be described as the father’s love. Even though we are his subjects and the works of his hand, we could be regarded as mere creatures of the creator but God loves makes the great deal of difference. His love transforms us and change our status before God, before his angels, before the devil and before the world.
Another great thing that the Father’s love has done is transforming us to children. We were first transformed from slaves to friends of Jesus according to John 15:14-15, now we are further translated to children(sons) of God and not just friends anymore.
There is are clear differences between a friend and a child.
* A friend is far away from the Father, even when he sits at a table with the Father, but a child is closer to the Father even when he is not at the same table with the Father
* A friend knows not the mind of the Father, because the Father may not reveal it to him but a (child) knows the Father’s mind because it is revealed to him.
* A friend most likely may not know how to gain access to the Father, but a child most likely knows exactly how to access the Father.
* A friend bears not the Father’s name but a child very much bears the Father’s name.
The Father’s love made it possible for us to call God our Father as Jesus taught his disciples in the Lord’s prayer according to Matthew 6:9
“Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed by thy name….”
And the same love made us to be called the children of God as stated on our scriptural text above saying
“Behold what manner of love, the Father has bestowed on us that we should be called the children of God…. (1 John 3:1)”
And so we are no longer slaves to sin, we are not just friends of God, we are children of God. God bless you
* Father, I receive grace to become your child henceforth in Jesus Name.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Exodus 21, 2 Timothy 3.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
SUNDAY SERVICE will be online on 10-11am Nigeria time. Facebook live.
You will be blessed as you connect.
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on