PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
8th April, 2020.
Topic: JOURNEY THE THE CROSS. Part 2.
Text: Romans 5:19.
19: For just as by one man’s disobedience (failing to hear, heedlessness, and carelessness) the many were constituted sinners, so by one Man’s obedience the many will be constituted righteous (made acceptable to God, brought into right standing with Him).
You will not appreciate the cross if you don’t know what led to it, just as you may not appreciate a thing except you know what it cost to obtain it.
The crucifixion is the greatest event of all time, let me shock you here; Jesus birth would have made no meaning without his death and resurrection.
You might need to read up part 1 on our site www.prevailingfamily.com or watch the video if you missed it. Let me talk about God’s efforts since Adam fell.
God made effort to separate humanity from Adam, this is absolutely important because Adam fell from a high realm, Look at this: Genesis 3:23 Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
24: So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life. There was an exit from the life of no struggle, no sorrow, no sickness, no stress to this world of struggle, sorrow, sickess and stress. This is like moving someone from wealth into poverty, it was an exit from a glorious life to the life of shame. This is what Paul meant when he said in Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
Adam was meant to be the father of all nations, but God wouldn’t give it to him, rather made Abraham the father of all nations, God didn’t make reference to him for anything good. In Isaiah 51: 2 Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him. The lesson here is that sin can separate a man from divine purpose for his life.
- Abraham took the place Adam, how do I know? Genesis 28:14 And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.
Adam was cursed, but Abraham was blessed, Adam was initially blessed, but he lost the blessing through disobedience.
- Sin attracts curse.
- Sin brings a man in opposite direction of his blessings.
- Sin is capable of incapacitating your spiritual capacity.
God stored the blessings of all the families of the earth in Abraham, but Abraham did not have what it takes to deliver/save humanity since the blood of Adam also flowed in him. Jesus came through man, his making was the conception of the Holy Spirit by a virgin. Please remember that Adam was a statue of clay possess by the Holy Spirit to become a living soul. You see the similarity in their making.
Jesus has been before the world was made, but must come in the nature of man to get what Adam lost through the cross.
- Jesus came to link us to the blessings God packed in Abraham: how do I know this? Galatians 3:13 But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”
14: Through Christ Jesus, God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing he promised to Abraham, so that we who are believers might receive the promised Holy Spirit through faith. NLT. I will stop here for now. God bless you.
* Thank you Lord for giving me redemption through Jesus.
* I am blessed through the sacrifice of Christ, I am not permitted to live a cursed life anymore, I begin to live in the reality of the blessings God packaged in Abraham in Jesus name.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Genesis 22, 2 Corinthians 2.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
Get a your life illuminated through all services in April, 2020. @ PRAISE PAVILION
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on