PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: SERVING GOD’S PURPOSE
Text : Joshua 24:15.
15: And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
The world emerged through a family; Adam, Eve and their childen. God could have made several families at the same time, but rather he chose to fill the earth through a family.
Maybe the example of the first family is not sufficient to prove this point, in Genesis 6 when God saw the atrocities of men in the earth he found a family serving his purpose, and in verse 9 the bible talked about Noah and his family;
- These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
God started expanding the world again through the family of Noah after he flushed the earth with water. He could have spared another family or a community, but he chose just one family.
You imagine the whole earth and just one family in it, this is to prove that his work begins with a family. Maybe you aren’t convinced yet, hear what God told Abraham in
- Genesis 28:14 And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.
In this three instances for three different generations I mentioned here, I see God wanting to do great things through each family.
- In Isaiah 51:2 Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him.
God drew the attention of his people to how he fulfilled his purpose through Abraham and Sarah.
Let me take examples from the new testament: Joseph and Mary the mother of Jesus served God’s purpose for their family. Zachariah and Elizabeth did the same, it occurs to me through the knowledge of the scriptures that God has purpose for each and every family.
In our text Joshua said, ‘…. but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord .’ it seems that Joshua was saying, ‘ my family will serve the purpose of God for her ‘, ‘ we are committed to serving the purpose of God for us as Abraham and Sarah did ‘.
It is important you understand that God has a purpose for your family and you are to live in the consciousness of this, raise your family with this understanding. There is a purpose for the existence of your family, grow your family fulfiling that purpose. God bless you.
* Help my family to fulfill the purpose for which you made her.
* Help me to live in the consciousness and understanding of this purpose.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Hosea 4, Luke 7.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
All services in November
@ PRAISE PAVILION INT’L is designed
to usher you into YOUR NEXT LEVEL
Sundays 9- 11am
and Wednesdays 6.30- 8 pm.
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on