PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: GRACE FOR SERVICE….Part 3
Text: 2nd Corinthians 12:9 KJV
9 He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
In part two we said service to God is not limited to nor does it end in the church. God’s service starts from the church and extends beyond the church to homes, neighborhoods, work places, market places, and various world systems. As children of God we are to serve him everywhere we are and for everyday we live.
Today we want to discuss that there are general services and there specific services we offer to God. This is necessary because someone mighty say, I serve God in my church as an usher, how then do I serve God outside the church, in the office and in the market place, do I have to go about ushering every where?
General Services: Every child of God who has been redeemed has been called to certain general services to be a light to the world and to win souls for the kingdom expansion. These general services are services we render beyond the corners of the church. Such services include:
* Ministry of the word: In Acts 6:1-4 which says
“Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables. Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business. But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.”
The Apostles talked about their neglecting of the ministry of the word and prayer for the serving of food in the church. Their mindset was that we cannot limit ourselves to be serving food in the church, we must expand God’s kingdom to the outer world through the ministry of the word and prayer. So we all are called to serve in the ministry of the word, preaching the gospel in the neighborhoods, market places, offices and every sector or system of the world where we occupy. So where ever you are, what ever your gifting or calling is, you must preach the good news of the kingdom to everyone around you.
* Ministry of Prayer: We all have been called to bring down God’s kingdom through prayer into our neighborhoods, offices, market places and any social or secular systems we work. The expansion of the Kingdom of heaven is paramount in God’s mind and so we must co-operate with God through the ministry of prayer to enthrone him, dethrone the devil and pull down every evil altar working against God’s counsel in the world. Daniel was a slave and a stranger in Babylon, yet through the ministry of prayer, he established the fear of God in the heart of the king’s of Babylon and exalted God’s name in the whole of Babylon.
* Ministry of Hospitality: Caring for others, expressing godly love to others, lending a helping hand to others e.t.c are general services we have been called into, to be an example of a believer to others. Matt 5:16 says
Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
Extending the hands of Hospitality is one way to shine the light of God in you to them who are in darkness in your neighborhood, office, market place e.t.c
* Godly Lifestyle: This is also a kind of general service we must render to God outside the church because our lives are scripts that men read today and not the bible. So living holy, living in truth and integrity among others will preach Christ to others even before you open your mouth to preach to them.
Beloved, we are called to these services to expand God’s kingdom in the market places. God bless you
* Father, give me grace to serve you all the days of my life in Jesus Name
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Daniel 11, Luke 1.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
All services in November
@ PRAISE PAVILION INT’L is designed
to usher you into YOUR NEXT LEVEL
Sundays 9- 11am
and Wednesdays 6.30- 8 pm.
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on