PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: MIND THAT DISTRACTION…Part 8
Text: Psalms 119:37KJV
37 Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way
In part six we discussed on how to identify distraction in order to be able to avoid it, stop it or flee from it.
Today we want to discuss how to prevent or avoid distraction. It is often said that prevention is better than cure, in other words taking steps to prevent distraction is better than handling or dealing with the distraction when it comes. However so long we are alive and living on the earth, it is somewhat impossible not to encounter distraction, but the incidence of distraction can be minimised, prevented and avoided to a greater extent.
So how can we prevent, avoid or minimise distraction:
* Stay Focused Always: Distraction comes usually when focus is lost. The moment a man’s focus is being divided or shifted, distraction sets in, therefore staying focus everyday and everytime is a great way to minimise or avoid distraction totally. Even when distraction is coming, the fact that focus is not lost makes distraction easily identifiable and then discarded.
* Avoid Idleness or Laziness: Distraction is an ally of laziness or Idleness. It’s said that an idle hand is the devil’s workshop. Everyone who is a lazy and idle is bound to get occupied by the devil through distraction. This was what got king David distracted into lust after another man’s wife, he was idle staying back in the palace at a time when Kings go to war. The account in 2nd Samuel 11:1 affirmed it saying
And it came to pass, after the year was expired, at the time when kings go forth to battle, that David sent Joab, and his servants with him, and all Israel; and they destroyed the children of Ammon, and besieged Rabbah. But David tarried still at Jerusalem
* Don’t be Relaxed after a Victory: We said in part seven, that one of devil’s strategy is to attack a child of God after a victory, a success or achievement is just obtained or after a struggle has just ended. So don’t be ignorant of this device of the devil as the scripture admonishes in 2nd Corinthians 2:11 saying
Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
So don’t be relax after a battle is won, watch your appetite and your kind of celebration after a victory is attained.
* Be Disciplined: This is another step to avoid or minimise distraction. Discipline is very essentially for every man who want to go far in life, for everyone who does not want to lose focus and avoid distraction. When you are disciplined you cannot easily be penetrated by distraction, I mean discipline makes an object of distraction to have no effect on you just as Job stated in Job 31:1 saying
I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid.
Job disciplined his eyes not to look talkness of think upon a maid. Beloved don’t be loosed or weak rather be disciplined, it’s a great way to avoid falling into distraction. God bless you.
* Father, give me the grace to avoid distraction in everyspheres of life in Jesus Name
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Ezekiel 42, Matthew 28.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
Get RESTORED AND REFRESHED
all services in October
Sundays 9- 11am
and Wednesdays 6.30- 8 pm.
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on