PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: MIND THAT DISTRACTION…Part 5
Text: Psalms 119:37KJV
37 Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way
In part four we discussed that distraction takes a man off focus in life, and when focus is lost, life’s journey could be stagnanted, retrogressed or even become terminated. I pray that your journey in life will not experience any of such in Jesus Name
Today we want to discuss that a little distraction can cost so much. Distraction can be sudden, meaning the distracted person can regain focus and consciousness within few seconds or minutes, distraction can be for a short time and it can also be for a prolonged period, but the longer the distraction the dangerous it’s likely going to become.
It is important to take cognisance of the bible’s admonition according to 1 Corinthians 10:12 saying
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
The scripture is saying mind your life, mind the things around you as you journey through life, be careful so that your will not fall. You must be mindful because a little distraction could cost so much. Let’s establish that taking few references from the bible:
* Adam and Eve were distracted by the serpent to doubt and disobey God, eating the forbidden fruit. It cost them barnishment from God’s presence, it brought toiling and struggling to the race of man before he can make ends meet, it brought pains of child delivery or labour into the race of the woman. (Genesis 3)
* The great man of faith, Abraham was distracted by his wife Sarah to lay with her handmaid to have a son. This distraction brought forth a child who is more of a curse than blessing to the generations of Abraham and to the entire world till today (Genesis 16-18)
* Reuben allowed himself to distracted commiting adultery with his father’s concubine. It cost him and his generation a curse from his father and a loss of his divine inheritance (blessing) as the first son of Jacob (Genesis 35:22, Genesis 49:1-4)
* Judas Iscariot was distracted by the love of money that he betrayed his master (Jesus Christ) for 30 pieces of silver. It cost him eternal regrets and condemnation because he ended his life by committing suicide (Matt 27:1-10)
Dearly beloved, time won’t permit to mention some more like David, Samson e.t.c Therefore mind that distraction, don’t ignore it, never say it’s just a little distraction or a little moment of fun and pleasure, though little as it may be termed, it could cost so much than you ever bargained. God bless you.
* Father, help me to take heed unto myself, that I may not be a victim of distraction.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Ezekiel 30, Matthew 16.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
Get RESTORED AND REFRESHED
all services in October
Sundays 9- 11am
and Wednesdays 6.30- 8 pm.
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on