PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: THE WORLD OF SIN…Part 4
Text: John 16:8KJV
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment.
In part three we discussed the lies of the devil as a category of the element of lies in the world of sin.
Today, we want to discuss another category of the elements of lies that many live, in the world of sin and that is the lies of men.
LIES OF MEN: Many have built their lives and their world with the lies of men. Of course they are lies the devil has put on the lips of men to bring about deception to those around them. Some common lies of men are:
* No one is perfect: This is a lie told to encourage a person full feels guilty for doing a wrong thing, it is an attempt to kill the fellow’s conscience never to feel remorseful anymore for the wrongs he/she has done. This is absolutely a lie to destroy your life. The truth of the scriptures i
s that God is perfect and he wants us to be perfect according to Matthew 5:48 saying
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
If it’s impossible to be perfect, then Jesus would not have said in the above passage that we should be perfect as God our Father which is in heaven. God even testify of the perfection of man called Job (Job 1:8)
* We are all sinners and none is a saint: This lie is told to people to justify their sinful lives and not to condemn them. It’s meant to deceive people that it is impossible to live on the earth without sin, meaning that sin is part of our lives here on earth. The scripture speaks that only those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not live in sin that will not be condemn according to Romans 8:1 saying
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
So there is condemnation for sinners, we are not all sinners because Christ redeemed us from sin and made us saints (Galatians 3:13).
* Use what you have to get what you want: This lie is told to encourage sexual immorality. It is said to a person who needs a thing (help, money, position, admission, promotion e.t.c) from someone to give his/her body through sex in exchange for that need. Beloved, this is a lie to sin against God and against yourself (body). The truth is that your body is the temple of God and must be kept holy (1 Corinthians 3:16-17), also all good and perfect gifts come from God not man (James 1:17), in addition The king’s heart (men who can help you) is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will (even to favour you) (Proverbs 21:1)
* If you can’t beat them, join them: This is told to coarse a person to join others to do evil especially when the others can turn that evil against that person (black mailing) if he/she fails to join. Beloved, there is nothing good about being a part of evil, because it can never be hidden forever, it will surely be exposed one day and no excuse would be tenable for being a part of it. Always stand for the truth no matter what, hold on to God because he surely defends his own in times of trouble (Psalms 46:1) like he did for Daniel. God bless you.
* Father, deliver me from all the lies of men and liberate me by the truth of your word in Jesus Name
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Lamentations 4, Revelation 6.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
Come & encounter grace for
ABUNDANT LIFE all services in September
Sundays 9- 11am
and Wednesdays 6.30- 8 pm.
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on