PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: DARE THAT DEVIL…Part 3
Text: James 4:7KJV
7 Submit yourself therefore to God, resist the devil and he will flee.
In part two we discussed that you should dare that devil only if you know that you are able, because it’s not wise to dare what is stronger and powerful than you are, the end result might be terrible. Moreso that the bible describes the devil and his forces as a roaring like, a strong man, strongholds, the mighty and the terrible.
Today we want to talk about how you can be able to dare that devil. I mean how you can dare that stronghold, that strong man and the terrible. To dare the devil you must be:
* Absolutely Pure as Light: Devil is darkness and so you must be a light to displace him, devil is dirty and guilty and so you must be without any guilt for you to challenge him. You can’t be guilty of sin and you want to challenge the devil, that will an attempt of the pot calling the kettle black. You can only dare the devil if you don’t have his identity (sin) in your life, if you are pure and without any guilt just as Jesus said in John 14:30
…..for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
* Strong in the Lord: Devil is likened to a strong man in the scripture, and so to dare him you must be stronger in order to be able to bind him and set his captives free. Matthew 3:27 says it that
“No one can go into a strong man’s house and carry off his possessions without first tying up the strong man”.
Ephesians 6:10-11 also advise that
“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil”.
* Bold: Devil often appears fearful, unfriendly and wild and so he has a great tendency to intimidate any man with his frightening appearance, but to dare him, you’ve got to be bold, brave like a lion and not entertain fear. 2nd Timothy 1:7 says
God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind (boldness).
* Power of God: In addition to all said above, you need the power of God to dare that devil, if you are bold and you dare the devil without the right power that can make the devil to bow, then you are in for trouble. Jesus said in Luke 10:19 that
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
You need that power to dare that devil
Beloved, if you must deal with that devil, then you must live up to that state of power and authority where the devil sees you and bow, a state where he can’t find you faulty or guilty. So dare that devil only if you know that you are able. God bless you
* Father, I receive power, strength and boldness to put the enemies under my feet in Jesus Name
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Jeremiah 35, 1 Peter 4.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
Activate GREATER THINGS @ PRAISE PAVILION INT’L
All Sundays 9- 11am
and Wednesdays 6.30- 8 pm in August.
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on