PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
21st June .
Topic: DEALING WITH DEPRESSION…Part 2.
Text: Proverbs 18:14.
14: The strong spirit of a man sustains him in bodily pain or trouble, but a weak and broken spirit who can raise up or bear?
I defined Depression in part 1, and gave few causes and signs of depression, I want to share more on causes of depression here;
* COMPARISON: a man can be depressed when he considers the achievements of others with his own. When you try to compete with others you are journeying through depression. Look at this bible passage 2 Conrinthians 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
- HOLDING MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE: this has landed many people in trouble, spending beyond your income, acquiring things on credit. Many people have developed high blood pressure in that process which eventually led to stroke.
* DEMONIC ATTACK; a man can be depreseed through demonic activities, when the spirit of a man is depressed through demonic activities his life will be depresssed.
* A BROKEN HEART: when the heart of a man is broken it can lead to depression. When somone you hold in high esteem hurts you, your heart will be broken and if it is not properly handled it will lead to depression.
* LOSSES: when you lose something or someone precious and care is not taken, it can lead to depression. That’s the reason a bereaved person needs a counsellor for sometime.
* EVIL THOUGHTS: thinking negativity can get you depressed, when your mind is engaged with unpleasant thoughts you might most likely feel depressed.
* SELF CONDEMNATION: when you fail to meet up to standards, or you do something you are least expected to do, for instance a married man who impregnanted another woman, or a woman who had extra marital affairs that resulted into unwanted pregnancy, of course he or she will most likely feel condemned.
HOW TO HANDLE DEPRESSION;
- I just want to discuss one approach here: always remember that there is nothing new under the sun; Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. Don’t feel worst about anything, I strongly counsel that you do not do wrong things, but paraventure you do the worst things do not feel condemned just repent and make your ways right.
Feeling bad about yourself does not and cannot fix the damage done, but rather feel bad about what has happened and make corrections. Getting yourself depressed about a matter or any occurrence is a journey to the worst. I will continue in part 3. God bless you.
* I refuse to be depressed in the name of Jesus.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Isaiah 45, Ephesians 4.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
DISCOVER SECRETS TO FULFILLING YOUR DESTINY
@ PRAISE PAVILION INTL
All Sundays June, 2019.
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on