PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: DEALING WITH DEPRESSION.
Text: Proverbs 18:14.
14: The strong spirit of a man sustains him in bodily pain or trouble, but a weak and broken spirit who can raise up or bear?
Depression is defined as a mental state characterized by a pessimistic sense of inadequacy and a despondent lack of activity. For proper understanding I need to simplify some words. Pessimistic means expecting the worst possible outcome. Inadequacy means lack of competence while Despondent means without or almost without hope.
My assignment here is to discuss the causes of depression and signs of depression, but before then it is important you know that depression takes it root in the spirit of a man that is what the writer of our passage meant when he said ‘..but a weak and broken spirit who can raise up or bear.’
The spirit of a man is broken at the point of depression, I will emphasis this when discussing the THE CURE, let’s discuss the causes here.
* FAILURES OF THE PAST; it makes one to lose confidence in himself or herself, the failure of past makes him or her not to believe in success.
* MULTIPLE CRISIS: when there is pressure on every side, in finance, marriage, health challenge, etc.
* LONELINESS: when problem is not shared with one who can give right counsels, depression sets in, when you always want to keep to yourself, staying alone thinking about the bad sides of life depression will set in.
* SADNESS AND GLOOM; a feeling of sadness and gloom is a way towards depression.
* HATING ONESELF: a feeling of hatred towards oneself is a way towards depression, when you seem not to appreciate anything about yourself then depression sets in.
* BEING PESSIMISTIC: when you are feeling like the worst has happened, and that nothing can remedy the situation then depression is setting in.
* Anyone with the above signs can be said to be moving towards depression. A common sign is that the fellow will always want to keep to himself or herself. Silence is not always a good virtue, most times, people who keep silent all the time, not smiling, not wanting to relate with colleagues in the office, neighbors, even family members, we mistake them to be serious colleagues, no nonsense people, people who have vision and are committed to the achieving their goals, but that is not always the case, their silence is as a result of the things they are going through.
I have always broken silence of people who like being moody, people who like to keep to themselves. And most times I see them burst into laughter as we chat, when the mind is troubled the mouth is muted, a fellow who doesn’t always feel like talking, singing or chatting will most likely be journeying towards depression.
The aim of this teaching is for you to help yourself or help someone around, break the silence, discuss with a counselor, chat up a friend that always want to keep to himself or herself, invite the person for lunch. Depression is real, but it can be avoided. I will continue in part 2. God bless you.
* I receive life in my spirit, I refuse to be down in Jesus name.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Isaiah 41, 2 Galatians 6.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
DISCOVER SECRETS TO FULFILLING YOUR DESTINY
@ PRAISE PAVILION INTL
All Sundays June, 2019.
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on