PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: THANK GOD FOR THE CROSS
Text: John 19:28-30KJV
28 After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!”
29 Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth.
30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.
Great is our God and worthy to be praise for his wondrous works in the life of men through the cross. As we celebrate the season of the death and resurrection of our saviour, Jesus Christ, it is important to give thanks to God for the cross. The impact of the cross upon us cannot be over emphasized.
- The cross brought about the remission of our sins (Hebrews 9:22)
- The cross tear the veil of the temple giving us direct access to the holiest of holies (Matt 27:51)
- The cross gave hope to a condemned thief beside Jesus translating him from his supposed ending in hell to paradise (Luke 23:32-43)
- The cross rolled away the burdens & debt of sins which we could never pay, there it was paid by the precious blood of Jesus and we became free (Galatians 5:1)
- The cross translated us from darkness into light, hence we should walk no more in darkness but in the light of life (John 8:32)
- The cross made us sons of God and joint heirs with Christ with full access to the inheritance of God our Father
- At the cross it was finished, bringing to an end all the wages of sin in our lives e.g death, sickness, poverty, anger, failure e.t.c. (John 19:30)
- I refer you to read Prevailing Voice Daily 19th & 20th April (HIS CROSS & YOUR CROSS) for more.
Beloved, had it been the cross, the devil would have messed up our lives, he would have been the one ruling the affairs of our lives, but thank God for the cross which gives us victory over the devil and his devices placing the devil under the sole of our feet. Halleluyah Jesus reigns forever. God bless you
* Father, we thank you for the cross
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Songs of Solomon 5, Roman 5.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
TAKE A LIFT
@ PRAISE PAVILION INTL
All Sundays April, 2019.
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on