PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: THE HOLD OF SIN
Text: Romans 6:16-20KJV
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
The following are the dictionary meaning of the word “Hold”. 1 keep or detain (someone), 2 remain secure, intact, or in position without breaking or giving way, 3 have in one’s possession, 4 keep or reserve for someone, 5 prevent from going ahead or occurring. The hold of sin can therefore be said to be the ability of sin to detain a soul (like in a prison), to keep a life secure for the devil without letting go, to prevent a soul from going forward in life whether physically or spiritually. Sin is a problem to any live and has been a problem to the world from the time Adam and Evil fell. Sin as a hold has the following features:
* It’s an identity: the hold of sin upon a life gives such life an identity of the devil. Though devil does not create any man and cannot create a man, but many men are devil’s property because of sin, sin makes anyone to belong to the devil 1 John 3:8 except by the mercy of God, the devil can mess up or even kill a man with the identity of sin at will anytime.
* It’s slavery: God made man in his image and in his likeness (Genesis 1:26-28), with dominion over everything on earth, however, a man with sin is turned to a slave by the devil and cannot dominate. Our scriptural text confirms this that a man is a servant to whomever he yields himself . A slave cannot subdue, a slave has no dominion and can only live to obey the bid of his master, the devil.
* It’s like a disease: I heard people say the only sin they always commit is smoking, some lies, addicted to alcohol, some humanising e.t.c I want you to understand that sin is like a disease, and as a disease it spreads from one part to another. If sin starts in one area of life or body, it affects the soul, then the spirit. Some have allowed sin to spread so deep in their lives to the extent that they sold their body and soul to the devil.
* It’s a grip: Sin captures the totality of a man’s body, spirit and soul making it seems as if freedom can never be attained. It has a strong grip upon its victim and that is why it takes the divine power of the Holy spirit to be free from sin. No man can set another man free from sin except Jesus Christ.
* It’s a destroyer: The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). There is absolutely nothing good about sin because it leads entirely to death, not just physical death of the body but eternal death of the soul and so not even the momentary pleasure that sin offers to the body can be compared to the eternal suffering of such soul in hell fire.
Beloved, the hold of sin is terrific, but I decree that the mighty hand of God shall deliver you from every hold of sin in Jesus Name.
* Father, deliver me from everyhold of sin in Jesus Name.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Proverbs 24, Acts 8.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
@ PRAISE PAVILION INTL.
Wednesdays 6.30- 8pm.
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on