PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: OVERCOMING TEMPTATIONS ( part 2 )
Text : James 1:12-16
12:Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
13:Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15:Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
16: Do not err, my beloved brethren.
I want to explain the major types of temptations, the sins that easily befall people, one of them is temptation in area of finance, MONEY, this is one area where many have fallen, in businesses, work places, religious setting accountability seems impossible, misappropriation of funds has been the order of the day.
Sometimes people tend to have excuses for compromise in area of finance, but believe me, it is not justified, just as Adam was not Justified to eat the forbidden fruit. There is solution to compromise when it come to money, it is important you know that in bible days and in contemporary time not everyone lives in compromise, and you can, in fact, you should join this class of people.
Let me quickly say this; God detests compromise, no one who live in compromise will reign with him, compromise can stand as hindrance to answering prayer. He has called us to right standing with him.
OVERCOMING FINANCIAL TEMPTATION
* Avoid pressure: pressure makes a man misbehave, ensure you’re not under pressure to do things, don’t borrow to buy luxurious things, don’t borrow money to have fun, or do ceremony.
* Live within your income; this will allow you have good savings, don’t compare yourself with anyone, don’t try to join the class of those who buy expensive things.
* Have a financial plan; this will help you spend money on necessity, you won’t be under pressure to pay rent, or school fees.
Pressure, most times, is the basic reason for compromise, always ensure your income settles basic needs first, like food, clothing, school fees and rent.
When you are under pressure there are 2 major ways of getting money
– Legal means ; either you earn money or borrow money.
– Illegal means; stealing, misappropriation of funds and fraud, this is the point of compromise.
It is absolutely important you have sources of income, one source might not be sufficient. You should also know that giving to God’s work brings blessings upon your endeavors. God bless you.
* Lord give me financial liberty.
* Bless me indeed. In Jesus name.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE
1 Samuel 5, Hebrew 3.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
fellowship with us for glorious services THIS SUNDAY
@ PRAISE PAVILION 2 Aceland Avenue Ile epo Ejigbo 9-11am
@ PREVAILING FAMILY llasa. 29 Aje street Ilasa 4-5.30 pm
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
Follow us on twitter @prevalinfamily
Email us: email@example.com
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on
Prevailing Voice Daily 19th January
PREVAILING VOICE DAILY