PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: GOD HEARS CRIES 2
Text: Jonah 3: 5-10KJV
5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them
6 For word came unto the king of Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes.
10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
Apart from the cry of sin that God hears, God does hear the cry of repentance also.
God is full of mercy, as a matter of truth, Hebrews 2:4 says God is rich in mercy……, that is why He hears and never rejects the cry for repentance. From our scriptural text above, when the people of Nineveh cried to God in fasting and prayer for repentance from their sins, God heard their cries, pardoned them and saved their lives and their nation from destruction.
The cry for genuine repentance is one kind that God is always interested in and such cry are received with prompt attention in heaven. Let’s consider the following scriptures to ascertain the importance of repentance of men to God.
- Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live? (Ezekiel 18:23 NIV)
- Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. (Isaiah 1:18)
- If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
- Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth. (Luke 15:10).
Beloved, if heaven celebrates a soul that is saved, its an indication that God hears the cry for genuine repentance, so it does not matter how deep you have gone with the devil, in the world or in sin, even if your sins were red like crimson, God can make you pure like a wool if only you will turn from you sins to God and cry for genuine repentance because God hears. God bless you.
* Father, as my soul longs for you today, hear my cry of repentance, forgive my sins, and heal my land in Jesus Name.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Numbers 38, Romans 11.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
Be our guest at
PREVAILING SISTERS’ CONFERENCE
Date : 28th October 2017.
Time: 10am Prompt
Venue: Silver Granduer Hotel.
It is designed to raise women of destiny.
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on