PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: THE MESSENGER
Text: 1 Samuel 16:1-4
1 And the Lord said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons.
2 And Samuel said, How can I go? if Saul hear it, he will kill me. And the Lord said, Take an heifer with thee, and say, I am come to sacrifice to the Lord.
3 And call Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will shew thee what thou shalt do: and thou shalt anoint unto me him whom I name unto thee.
4 And Samuel did that which the Lord spake, and came to Bethlehem. And the elders of the town trembled at his coming, and said, Comest thou peaceably?
In life, there are different kinds of people we meet, some of them were sent by God to us and some God send us to them. Among those God sent to us are those called the Messenger of light
The messenger of light are helpers of destiny, when they come to you, light comes into your life, and when light comes darkness, failure, evil, barrenness, misfortune e.t.c disappear from your life.
From our scriptural text, God sent Samuel to the house of Jesse, and the visitation of Samuel brought a great light to the house of Jesse such that:
- Jesse became the father of a King in Israel
- His family forever became a royal family producing many kings in Israel from generations upon generations
- David became God’s anointed
- David became a carrier of God’s spirit
- David turned from being a shepherd boy to a king of Israel
- David was not longer an abandoned boy forgotten in the bush with animals
- David was no longer relegated and despised
- David turned from being lonely to being celebrated
- David suddenly became a warrior boy who delivered a whole Israel as a nation from Goliath.
- The saviour of the world, Jesus Christ came from David’s lineage.
So in all consideration the coming of Samuel to Jesse’s house brought good things to the entirely house of Jesse and David such that both Jesse and David would forever blessed the day God sent Samuel to them. I decree that this very day and season, God will send his messenger of light to you in Jesus Name. God bless you
* Father, send your messenger of light to me in Jesus Name.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Numbers 16, Acts 17.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
Thursday 6.30- 8pm
@ 5, Adebisi street Itire
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on