PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: KINDS OF CHILDREN
Text: 1 Samuel 2:27-34 KJV
33 And the man of thine, whom I shall not cut off from mine altar, shall be to consume thine eyes, and to grieve thine heart: and all the increase of thine house shall die in the flower of their age.
34 And this shall be a sign unto thee, that shall come upon thy two sons, on Hophni and Phinehas; in one day they shall die both of them.
There are different kinds of children. The first category we want to discuss are children who were born but not tutored or trained.
This kind of children are victims of broken homes, ungodly parents, too busy parents, carefree parents, or parents who themselves lack basic home training while growing up and since the don’t have it they could not pass it on to their children.
A number of them are around us, often with no regard for elderly ones, mock or make jest of people, they careless about people, they don’t give a damn about anybody, believing that whatever they do is right and if wrong they have always get away with it and surely they don’t end well if they continued with such lifestyles.
A careful look at the children of Eli according to our text, showed they were such kind of children. God warned Eli about his children but he gave a careless response and handled the matter with levity (1 Samuel 3:11-18). Had he (Eli) warned and cautioned his children properly of the impending danger, they might change and escape the judgement of God. There was even no clear indication that Eli interceded on behalf of his children. The end of Eli’s sons were terrible and Eli was left out as he and his two sons died on same day.
Parents, your children up bringing is your primary responsibility and God does not joke with them. Please take note of the following important points:
- Your children are God’s heritage given to you to nurture for Him (Psalms 127:3), meaning you are accountable to God over them
- if Jesus could rebuke his disciples from stopping children from coming to him (Jesus), then it means God place importance on them (Matthew 19:12-14).
- Jesus also said their angels behold His father face in heaven. Why children’s angels and not any other? (Matthew 18:10).
- Jesus also said that to make heaven we all need to be like the children (Matthew 18:3).
- Finally, if God could condemn Eli, a priest of God because of his children, then it means God can judge parents because of their children. God bless you
* Father, as I train my children in your way, they will not depart from it in Jesus Name
* Father, I will not be condemned over any of my children in Jesus Name
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Numbers 13, Acts 14.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
fellowship with us for glorious services THIS SUNDAY
@ PRAISE PAVILION 2 Aceland Avenue Ile epo Ejigbo 9-11am
@ PREVAILING FAMILY llasa. 29 Aje street Ilasa 4-5.30 pm
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on