PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: LESSONS FROM ABRAHAM
Text: Genesis 17:1 KJV
1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me and be thou perfect.
This call unto Abraham from our text above came when Abraham shifted away from God’s plan and sought alternative means to help God fulfil His purpose for him (Genesis 16:1-16).
We want to consider two lessons from the life of Father Abraham.
- Abraham’s Uprightness: Abraham was a friend of God, a righteous man and a man of faith. The great Apostle Paul commended the faith of Abraham in Romans 4:16-22 “that Abraham was counted righteous by faith”. The Almighty God himself also testified of Abraham’s life in Genesis 18:19 “For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him and they shall keep the way of the Lord to do justice and judgement…”. Beloved, if Paul (a man) and God had these to say about Abraham, what will people especially God say about you. Think on this thing (Philippians 4:8).
Abraham’s Mistake: The great man Abraham had a moment of mistake, just one mistake of an alternative plan to God’s purpose for his life. Abraham consented with Sarah his wife against God’s plan by having a child through Hagar, (Sarah’s female servant and also an Egyptian) and this brought forth a child called Ishmael. This single act is still of negative impact upon the entire world today.
Beloved, the critical lesson from this are:
- Never deviate from God’s plan, it could open door for the devil to fulfil his own plan in your life
- Don’t seek alternatives to God’s counsel for your life
- Neither give place to the devil (Ephesians 4:27), if you give devil a meter, he will take more than a kilometer from you
- A single act of mistake or just a little sin is enough for the devil to mar anyone. God bless you
* Father, help me to live always pleasing you in Jesus Name
* Father, I will not make mistake that will create problem for me and my generation in Jesus Name.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Numbers 9, Acts 10.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
Thursday 6.30- 8pm
@ 5, Adebisi street Itire
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on