PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: THE DANGER OF COMPROMISE 2
Text : Matthew 14: 6-11
- But when Herod’s birthday came, the daughter of Herodias danced in the midst [before the company] and pleased and fascinated Herod,
- And so he promised with an oath to give her whatever she might ask.
- And she, being put forward and prompted by her mother, said, Give me the head of John the Baptist right here on a platter.
- And the king was distressed and sorry, but because of his oaths and his guests, he ordered it to be given her;
- He sent and had John beheaded in the prison.
- And his head was brought in on a platter and given to the little maid, and she brought it to her mother.
Last week Friday our focus was how John the Baptist doubted the saviour by asking question he ought not ask, Jesus condemned his state of compromise, he taught Jesus would come quickly to his aid when he heard that he was in prison.
Let me quickly make comparison between John the baptist and Mary with Martha ( sisters of Lazarus ) in John 11, Mary and Martha sent for Jesus when their brother was sick, despite the fact Jesus delayed till Lazarus died, they welcomed him when he arrived, they didn’t doubt his lordship, but John the baptist was not so, he was offended in the saviour in his time of trials.Look at Matthew 11:6 ‘And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me. ‘ Howbeit, John the Baptist was offended in Jesus.
If you read this passage well you will discover that King Herod was scared of killing John the baptist, I am sure John the baptist was not destined to die the way he died because Jesus himself mourned his death. When a man gives in to doubt, the worst happens to him. From the turn of the passage Herod must have been planning to release him, but the devil took over the situation when John the baptist doubted the lordship of Christ.
Faith brings victory, makes the light to shine in the darkest night, but when doubt comes in victory his lost.
The great John the baptist died as if he was not anointed, Jesus affirmed his greatness in Matthew 11:11, a common entertainer demanded for his head, it is like a worldly singer or dancer demanding the head a great prophet in the land, how are the mighty falling? Jesus and the whole city mourned the fall of John the baptist, even King Herod mourned him, how do I know? Matthew 14:9 And the king was distressed and sorry, but because of his oaths and his guests, he ordered it to be given her.
This is what compromise can do, it aborts miracle, some people lost their miracles at the last minute by looking for help in wrong places e.g witch doctors. No matter what you are going through never compromise, keep your faith in God, keep trusting, your miracle is on the way. God bless you.
* Help me Lord, to hold fast to you.
* I receive grace to stand on the solid rock which is Jesus Christ.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE
Numbers 5, Acts 6.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
fellowship with us for glorious services THIS SUNDAY
@ PRAISE PAVILION 2 Aceland Avenue Ile epo Ejigbo 9-11am
@ PREVAILING FAMILY llasa. 29 Aje street Ilasa 4-5.30 pm
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
Follow us on twitter @prevalinfamily
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on