PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: THE SEEDS OF ABRAHAM
Text: Genesis 17:6-8 KJV
6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
The seeds of Abraham were seeds of greatness, this was basically because of the kind of blessings God poured on Abraham and his generations. The two categories of Abraham’s seeds are:
- THE RIGHT SEED: Isaac was the right seed of Abraham according to God’s plan. He was the covenant seed with the promise of divine inheritance, blessings of greatness and multiplication (Genesis 17:19).
THE WRONG SEED: Ishmael was the wrong seed of Abraham because his birth was not in God’s plan for Abraham. He was the son of a slave woman (Sarah’s maid). Though a wrong seed yet God blessed him. I had wondered why did God made Ishmael great even though he was a wrong seed, I found the following answers in the scripture;
• The seed of Abraham is blessed: God has pronounced blessings upon Abraham and his seeds, it means whatever comes out of Abraham is blessed. Genesis 21:13
• Abraham prayed for Ishmael: In Genesis 17: 18-20, Abraham prayed to God for Ishmael and God responded that his prayer was heard and that He would make Ishmael great.
Dearly beloved the seeds of Abraham are all over the world today and God has made provision in Christ for all, even the wrong seeds to be made right with God, if only they would accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. God bless you.
* Father, I will never be a wrong seed of Abraham in Jesus Name
* Father, every seed (child) that comes out of me shall be great and right before you
* Father, by your mercy save all the wrong seeds (nations) of Abraham in the world today.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Numbers 2, Acts 3.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
Thursday 6.30- 8pm
@ 5, Adebisi street Itire
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on