PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: DANGER OF IDLENESS Part 2
Text: 2 Samuel 11:1-3
1 It happened in the spring of the year, at the time when kings go out to battle, that David sent Joab and his servants with him, and all Israel; and they destroyed the people of Ammon and besieged Rabbah. But David remained at Jerusalem.
2 Then it happened one evening that David arose from his bed and walked on the roof of the king’s house. And from the roof he saw a woman bathing, and the woman was very beautiful to behold.
3 So David sent and inquired about the woman. And someone said, “Is this not Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?”
In part 1 of this devotional topic last week 17th June, we defined idleness as the quality, state, or condition of being lazy, inactive, or slothful. We also learnt that idleness is a dangerous lifestyle and that some dangers of idleness are seed of destruction and regrets. (read further @ www.raisedbygrace.wordpress.com)
Today we want to consider more dangers of idleness in the home especially in our little ones.
- BIRTH IRRESPONSIBILITY: Idleness is a friend of irresponsibility and an enemy of productivity. Anyone who engages in idleness can never be productive, such a person will live by procrastination and on the long will become a person that is not responsible. If you would judge King David’s fall due to idleness (2 Samuel 11:1-6) you would have said he was an irresponsible king to have stooped so low by having an affair with the wife of one of his servants. So if you don’t want to raise irresponsible children then fight idleness in your home.
GATEWAY TO SIN: Idleness opens door to sin with little or know resistance and hence the saying “An idle hand is the devil’s workshop”. It is easy for the devil to pitch his tent in the mind of an idle person because there will be little or even no resistance at all. If king David, a man with high pedigree before God, could fall cheaply into sin due to idleness, then truly idleness is really a gateway to sin. Therefore, ungodly lifestyles cannot be far fetch from idle children and youths in our society.
WASTER OF DESTINY: Idleness is a great tool in the hand of the devil to waste destiny especially among the youths and children. King David was not the only one who suffered the sin, idleness planted in his life, his children and his kingdom also suffered the consequences. God told David that sword will not depart from his household and that David will be publicly disgraced, the fulfilment of these led to the waste of the following destinies (2 Samuel chapter 11-18):
- Tamar’s destiny of being a virgin was wasted when raped by Amnon her half brother
- Amnon’s destiny of being a King’s son was wasted when killed by Absalom his half brother
- David’s concubines destinies were wasted when Absalom David,s son defiled all them publicly in his father palace
- Absalom’s destiny as a king to be was wasted when he died in an attempt to overthrown David his father.
Dearly beloved, in all areas of consideration, idleness is dangerous, fight it in your life, home and ministry. God bless you
* Father, I destroy every of seed of idleness in my life and family in Jesus Name.
* Father, my destiny and that of my children will not be wasted by idleness in Jesus Name.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE
Genesis 14, Matthew 16
For prayer and counselling call this lines
fellowship with us for glorious services THIS SUNDAY
@ PRAISE PAVILION 2 Aceland Avenue Ile epo Ejigbo 9-11am
@ PREVAILING FAMILY llasa. 29 Aje street Ilasa 4-5.30 pm
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
Follow us on twitter @prevalinfamily
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on