PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: THE JOURNEY TO THE CROSS
Text: John 19:28-30kjv
28 After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
29 Now there was set a vessel full of vinegar: and they filled a spunge with vinegar, and put it upon hyssop, and put it to his mouth.
30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
The journey of Jesus to the cross was not easy but it was worthy. The whole essence of His life on earth was to finally journey to the cross and at the cross a whole lot of things happen.
At the cross
* Jesus died: After three and half years of excellent ministry on earth with signs and wonders among men, He was led to the cross to die for the sins of the whole world.
* There was remission of sin: The debt of sin owed by men was paid fully at the cross by His blood. He shed His blood to pay the wages of our sins
* There was perfect redemption: Jesus purchased our redemption once and for all by His blood. And so we that were dead in sin became alive in Christ Jesus.
* It was finished: From our scriptural text above, at the cross Jesus declared it was finished, meaning termination of all that sin and devil has caused in the life of men
* Burden were rolled away: Jesus lifted off the burdens of sin and death upon men and gave us freedom in Him and made the righteousness of God.
* He overcame sin and death: He took away the sting of death and gave us victory over sin and death .
Beloved, these and many more are the result of the journey of Jesus to the cross, to experience these things you need to accept Jesus in your life and have faith in the works of the cross in your life. This is the essence of this season, celebrate with understanding. God bless you
* Father, let there be the manifestation of the victory at the cross in my life in Jesus Name.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
For prayer and counselling call this lines
Fellowship with us
Today 6.30- 8pm
@ 5, Adebisi street Itire
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
Follow us on twitter @prevailinfamily
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on
Prevailing Voice Daily 14th April
PREVAILING VOICE DAILY