PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: THE FAMILY ALTAR
Text: Ecclesiastes 4:9-12KJV
9- Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
10- For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
11- Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?
12- And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
Altar generally is a place of offering sacrifices. In this context the family altar is the place of offering acceptable sacrifices unto God in the family. Every home of God’s children is expected to have a family altar raised unto God for offering sacrifices of praises, prayers, word, fasting e.t.c
The place of family altar is highly neglected in these days, I tell you it’s a sign of perilous time as Jesus said in Matthew 24:12 “Because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold”. I challenge every family to reinstate their family altar back to God.
One importance ingredient of the family altar is the power of unity. Unity in the home is a very strong bond that can make a family to achieve whatever they want to. From our scriptural text today, Solomon said two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labour, that’s the power of unity available at the prayer altar.
Aside from reward in labour, Solomon mention some other benefits of unity:
* They cannot fall or fail easily meaning iron sharpens iron (Verse 10).
* They cannot be lonely in whatever they do, that is they are there for each and they watch each others back (Verse 11).
* They cannot be easily defeated in battle, that is if one chase a thousand, two will chase ten thousand (Verse 12).
* If they are now more than two persons ( husband and wife), a greater reward they will get (Verse 12), so imagine what a whole family of father,mother and children can achieve when they have a family altar raised unto God.
Dearly beloved, genuine family altar accords the home the power of unity, and the benefits of unity in the home is really great. I urge you to raise or reinstate a godly family altar in your home. God bless you
* Father, wake my family from spiritual slumber and laziness in Jesus Name
* Father, help my home to raise a dedicated and consistent family altar unto you in Jesus Name.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE
Songs of Solomon 7,8
For prayer and counselling call this lines
fellowship with us for glorious services THIS SUNDAY
@ PRAISE PAVILION 2 Aceland Avenue Ile epo Ejigbo 9-11am
@ PREVAILING FAMILY llasa. 29 Aje street Ilasa 4-5.30 pm
@ PREVAILING FAMILY Ejigbo HAPPY
CHILD COLLEGE 5.30- 6.30pm
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on
Prevailing Voice Daily 17th December
PREVAILING VOICE DAILY