PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: SERVING THE MASTER
Text: Romans 12: 1-11KJV
6. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
8. Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
11. Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
The master referred to here is the God Almighty. Our services to God are important as much as our lives are important to God. A lot of us have wrong perspectives about the service of God. From our text let’s consider two points about serving the master:
* DON’T BE SLOTHFUL: Romans 12:11a says “Not slothful (lazy) in business..”, The service of God is like doing a business or going to work as an employee. A good business man is not slothful, likewise an employee who wants to keep his job is neither slothful as well. However, a lot of us consider God’s work as no man’s business, many sees it as a voluntary service and not a compulsory service, as such they are lazy and give excuses. For example if it rains heavily on Monday, private and public employees find their way amidst the heavy rain to office, but if it rains on Sunday, such people sit at home giving excuses that it rained. I pray that God will have mercy and open our eyes to see that our services are valuable to God as much as our lives are to Him.
* BE FERVENT IN SPIRIT: The word fervent encompasses a lot of things as regards the service of God. It could mean the following:
-be productive in God’s service
-be committed to God’s service
-be alive in God’s service.
Beloved, be fervent in the service of God, do it with your strength, might, time and with every resource God has given unto you. Don’t monetise your service to God.
Brethren, I will like you to know that God rewards faithful services from faithful stewards (1 Corinthians 4:2), He does not owe any man (Matthew 25:14-30).
As you serve God from now on, be fervent and don’t be lazy. God bless you
1. Father, every way have been slothful in your business, have mercy on me
2. Lord, help me to be fervent in your services from now on in Jesus Name
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
2 Kings 25
For prayer and counselling call this lines
fellowship with us for glorious service THIS THURSDAY
@ PREVAILING FAMILY ITIRE 6.30-8pm
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on
Prevailing Voice Daily 21st June
PREVAILING VOICE DAILY