PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: A LIVING TESTIMONY
Text: II Kings 7: 1-20 KJV
1. Then Elisha said, Hear ye the word of the LORD; Thus saith the LORD, To morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of
barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria.
2. Then a lord on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God, and said, Behold, if the LORD would make windows in heaven, might this thing be? And he said,
Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.
18. And it came to pass as the man of God had spoken to the king, saying, Two measures of barley for a shekel, and a measure of fine flour for a shekel, shall be to morrow about this time in the gate of
Testimony is simply sharing the goodness and wonders of God in one’s life or in the life of others. A living testimony means to be a living proof of what God can do and what he has done. From times past we have those who doubt and do not believe God can do certain things e.g Thomas did not believe the news of Jesus rising from the dead until he saw Jesus with his eyes and put his hand in the holes in the palm of Jesus.
If any one asked if it was possible for God to make the sun stand still, Joshua would say yes because he was a living testimony. Joshua commanded the sun to stand still because he need to win a war against the enemy of Israel and God hearken to him (Joshua 10:12-14)
If anyone asked if God can change His mind about a subject matter almost instantly, Hezekiah would say yes because he was a living testimony. God sent Isaiah to tell him he would die, he prayed immediately and while Isaiah was on his way returning, God told him to go back and tell Hezekiah that He has added 15years to his days on earth (II Kings 20:6)
From our text today, Elisha prophesied a divine economic transformation to the land of Samaria, it was a prophesy of such an unimaginable turnaround admist a terrible famine that the King of Samaria’s adviser couldn’t believe God can do such and so he doubted the prophesy. The prophesy came to pass, the adviser saw it but he was never a living testimony because he died with the fulfillment of that prophesy, I decree such will not be your portion in Jesus Name. On the other hand, there were four lepers who were not there when the prophesy was said but they were living testimonies because not that they saw it alone, they were also the instrument God used to fulfill the prophesy, I pray for you dear reader that God will make you a living testimony and a living proof of His wonders in Jesus Name. God bless you
1. Lord let my life be a living proof of your miracles in the land of the living in Jesus Name
2. Father, make me a wonder to my generation in Jesus Name
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Deuteronomy 14, Ephesians 2.
For prayer and counselling call this lines
fellowship with us for glorious service THIS THURSDAY
@ PREVAILING FAMILY ITIRE 6.30-8 pm 5 Adebisi street Itire.
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on
Prevailing Voice Daily 26th January
PREVAILING VOICE DAILY