PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: DON’T GIVE UP
Text: John 5:1- 9 KJV
3. In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.
4. For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
5. And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.
6. When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?
One common lesson I have heard severally from the text above is that the man with infirmity was telling stories when Jesus asked him “will thou be made whole?”
There are other two lessons we can learn from this man:
1. That man with infirmity never gave up on himself. I believed he had families and friends who abandoned him and gave up on him because he was sick longer than they could cope with, but the man himself did not give up. For that man to have remained by the pool of bethesda for perhaps 38 years despite his difficulty of not getting to the pool first when an angel troubled the water suggests that he still had hope that one day his time would come. He could have given up, returned home to a sick bed and wait to die there but he never did, he never gave up on his condition even when he had no one to help him. Dearly beloved, have you given up on yourself because other gave up on you, despised or rejected you? Don’t give up on your situation because yours is not the worst, remember Jabez never gave up until God answered all his prayer (1 Chronicles 4:9-10), Abraham never gave up on his body that was old to give birth to a child, he staggered not in faith till he received the promise (Romans 4: 17-22), so don’t give up on yourself and on God until you receive you miracles because if you do you may limit what God wants to do in your life.
2. The second lesson, is that the man with infirmity remained at the place where his healing was best possible. He never left the pool, this perhaps among other things might be a reason why Heaven singled him out for miracle. Dearly beloved are you always in the atmosphere of where your miracle is best possible?, I mean a place of prayer, God’s word and fasting, a place of evangelism, a place of God’s praise and worship, a place of fellowship and service to God (your local church). Jesus came to pool possibly for the first time and the only time and he met the man with infirmity there, so if Heavens come to give you your long awaited miracle will you be where God can reach you? Think about it. God bless you
1. Father, help me not to give up on my present state as You have not given up on me yet
2. Lord let me not be found missing on my day of heavenly visitation in Jesus Name.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE(RTB) Numbers 2, Romans 5
3 DAYS WITH GOD is hear again, it’s
another prophetic season.
Theme: SEASON OF FORTUNE
Date : 27-29 December, 2015.
It’s going to be a great time in God’s
For prayer and counselling call this lines
fellowship with us for glorious service TODAY @ PREVAILING FAMILY ltire . 5 Adebisi street Itire. Lagos.
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on
Prevailing Voice Daily 3rd December
PREVAILING VOICE DAILY