PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic : DEALING WITH DISCOURAGEMENT.
Text : Joshua 1: 1-18
KJV:Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1: 9
The prefix ‘dis’ in the word ‘discouragement’ makes the word the opposite of courage. Discouragement is defined as the feeling of despair in the face of obstacles, (note the word ‘feeling’), and feeling is just emotional sensation or state. In my own words, Discouragement is a feeling (emotional sensation) that makes you lose courage. Getting to it root, what are those obstacles causing discouragement? most times they don’t worth the feeling of despair.
SOURCES OF DISCOURAGEMENT.
– People; most times people’s actions bring discouragement, to overcome this just understand that; everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. I have observed that those who are cautious of what people say or feel don’t go far. Carefully observe people’s opinion about you, adjust where necessary and discard irrelevancies. Do your best not to hurt people and don’t allow their words or actions hurt you to the extent that you can’t continue.
– Events, circumstances or occurrences; the world is characterised with lot of unpleasant situations and this is because it’s not our home, always remember that we all are strangers in this world, we are not of the world, even while we are still here, those occurrences are not meant to be permanent. The situation is temporal not permanent, it will vanish with time, worry not yourself over that. Just as 24 hours of each day is made of light and night, so challenges are bound to come but none will overcome you.
From our text, God instructed Joshua emphatically not to lose courage, he did that 3 times between verse 1 and verse 10, the reason is because loss of courage is loss of battle, loss of victory, loss of breakthrough. No discouraged soldier can win a battle, no discouraged student can be successful, no discouraged person can fulfil his or her destiny. God promised Joshua victory but, Joshua must be courageous before he can attain it, and so, in His opening charge to Joshua as he takes over from Moses, COURAGE is the key word.
* The courage within can withstand the pressure without.
* When you loss courage, you lose all.
* No victory without courage.
* By your grace Lord, l won’t lose courage.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Exodus 31, John 15
For prayer and counselling call this lines 2348099000835,2348035310759, or fellowship with on
Sundays 4-5.30pm(llasa centre) @ 29 Aje street llasa, 6-7pm (Ejigbo centre) on sunday@ 22 Brethren avenue Ejigbo, on Thursdays 6.30-8pm (Itire centre) 5 Adebisi street).
Worship with us for a glorious service on Sunday 9-11am @ 2 Aceland Avenue lle-epo bus stop ejigbo
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on
Prevailing Voice Daily 23rd October
PREVAILING VOICE DAILY