PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic : EFFECTUAL PRAYER
Text : James 5: 1-20
AMP:Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]. James 5:16
Effectual is defined as producing or capable of producing an intended result, or having a striking effect. It also means having legal efficacy or force. Everybody prays but not everybody’s prayer is answered, this is because there are certain criteria that must be fulfilled before prayer can be answered by God. Before your prayer can produce intending result or have a legal efficacy you need to understand and obey certain instructions. Our text gives clear instructions as regards prayer;
* Confession of sins; beloved this very important because the prayer of a sinner is an abomination unto the Lord, sin was and is still major hindrance to answering prayer, you must confess and forsake them before your prayer can have legal efficacy.
* Prayer for one another; this interceding, praying for others provides a platform for your own prayer to be answered.
* Fervency; heartfelt, serious, continuous prayer has capacity to produce intent result.
* Righteousness; the prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available, righteousness is key brethren. I hear people say ‘you don’t need to do anything to be righteous, Christ has made you righteous, just accept Him as Lord, that’s all’ this is partial truth brethren, and it has capacity to send people to hell, the bible says ‘….work out your salvation with fear and trembling..’ a conscious effort is needed on your path to live a righteous life, flee from all appearances of evil (sin), don’t play with sin and say Jesus made you righteous, it is erroneous. Note that what you believe and practise can send you to hell.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB) Exodus 29, John 13
for prayer and counselling call this lines 08099000835,08035310759, or fellowship with on
Sundays 4-5.30pm(llasa centre) @ 29 Aje street llasa,
6-7pm (Ejigbo centre) on sunday@ 22 Brethren avenue Ejigbo,
on Wednesday 6.30-8pm (Itire centre) 5 Adebisi street).
Worship with us for a glorious service on Sunday 9-11am
@ 2 Aceland Avenue lle-epo bus stop ejigbo
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on www.raisedbygrace.wordpress.com
EFFECTIVE POINTS OF PRAYER
* Sin is capable of incapacitating your spiritual capacity.
* Have time for heartfelt prayer.
* Though Christ made us righteous, make effort to remain righteous.
* The prayer of a sinner is an abomination unto the Lord.
1, Lord help me to live a righteous life.
2, Give me grace to prevail in prayer.
3, Today is our waiting-day, ensure you’re a part of it, send your prayer points to 08099000835 via text or whatshap. WE LOVE YOU AND WE ARE COMMITTED TO PRAYING FOR YOU. GOD BLESS YOU.
Prevailing Voice Daily 21st October
PREVAILING VOICE DAILY