PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: CHARACTER FAILURE
Text: I Samuel 3:17-18KJV
17. And he said, What is the thing that the Lord hath said unto thee? I pray thee hide it not from me: God do so to thee, and more also, if thou hide any thing from me of all the things that he said unto thee
18. And Samuel told him every whit, and hid nothing from him. And he said, It is the Lord: let him do what seemeth him good.
Read also II Samuel 2: 22-36
I have heard a common saying that excessive joy can kill, what they meant for example is when something good happens to a person and such a person felt so happy that he went to bar to celebrate, drinking excessively and probably while driving back home had an accident due to excessive drinking, people will say it was joy that kill him. But I want to modify that saying that it is not joy but rather it is character that kills.
Character is the
mental and moral qualities distinctive to an
individual. Character is a part of man.
Let’s take a look at few examples of men who lost greatly due to failed character in the bible
* Samson was an anointed man from the womb commissioned to began the deliverance of the children of Israel from the Philistines (Judges 13:5) but he was equally a loosed man with great lust for the daughters of the philistines, this lust for women (character failure) led him to die with his enemies Judges 16:28-31.
* Gehazi was a servant of Elisha, and was supposed to carry on the prophetic anointing upon Elisha. Due to covetousness (character failure) he received a generational curse of leprosy instead of double portion of prophetic anointing 2Kings 5:21-27
* Reuben was the first son of Jacob and by birth was suppose to receive the divine inheritance that was passed from Abraham to Isaac and to Jacob. When it was time for him to be blessed, he was cursed because he defiled his father bed (character failure) Genesis 35:22, 49:3-4. I pray may you not receive curse instead of blessing in Jesus Name.
In our text, Eli’s comment to the warming of God through the little boy Samuel showed a care-free attitude (character failure) and it really marred him and his family because he lost his life, that of his two sons and his daughter in-law in one day.
HIGH POINTS TO NOTE:
1. Anointing, favour and blessings of God can take a man to the top but it takes character to remain at the top
2. Your character can either make you or mar you
1. Lord every way I have failed you in character, have mercy and forgive me
2. Father every unrefined character in me, I lay them down at your feet today, deliver me in Jesus Name
3. Whatsoever I have lost due to character failure father by your mercy let there be restoration
4. Make me an example of a believer in Jesus Name.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE(RTB): Exodus 11, Luke 18
‘for prayer and counselling call this lines
08099000835,08035310759, or fellowship
with on Sundays 4-5.30pm(llasa centre) @
29 Aje street llasa, 6-7pm (Ejigbo centre)@
22 Brethren avenue Ejigbo, and Wednesdays 6.30-8pm (Itire
centre) 5 Adebisi street). Worship with us
for a glorious service on Sunday 9-11am @ 2
Aceland Avenue lle-epo bus stop ejigbo
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
If you miss any of the Prevailing Voice Daily you can check it out on www.raisedbygrace.wordpress.com
Prevailing Voice Daily 2nd October
PREVAILING VOICE DAILY